Unplug the cable running from your monitor to your PC and plug it back in, making sure the connection is firm.
The most common cause of this error is a loose cable.
If the “No Input Signal” error still appears, the problem does not rest with the cables or the monitor, but with your PC.
What to do if monitor is not displaying?
Do the following:
- Replace the monitor power cable.
- Turn on the monitor. If the monitor displays an image, you are done. If the monitor remains blank, continue using these steps.
- Replace the video cable. Turn on the monitor.
- If the monitor does not work after replacing the cables, replace or service the monitor.
How do you connect a computer to a monitor?
2. Connect the Video and Power Cables
- Plug in the power cord to the monitor and the wall outlet.
- Plug in the video cable into the monitor and the computer.
- (Optional) If your monitor has USB ports on it, you can plug a USB cable from your monitor to your computer for the USB ports on your monitor to function.
How do I connect my monitor to my computer with HDMI?
How to connect a monitor or TV using an HDMI connection
- Shut down the computer. Turn off the monitor or TV.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the computer and to the display.
- Turn on the display, and select the HDMI input as the input source to view.
- Turn on the computer.
What does it mean when your monitor says no signal?
The “No Signal” message does not come from your computer – it’s generated by the display itself. All it means is that the monitor is not receiving a video signal from the computer.