There are many reasons your Internet connection might appear slow.
It could be a problem with your modem or router, Wi-Fi signal, signal strength on your cable line, devices on your network saturating your bandwidth, or even a slow DNS server.
These troubleshooting steps will help you pin down the cause.13 Feb 2018
How can I boost up my Internet speed?
Download faster: How to speed up your internet
- Test a different modem/router. The biggest cause of slowed down internet is a bad modem.
- Scan for viruses.
- Check for on-system interference.
- Check your filters.
- Try getting rid of your cordless phone.
- Plug in.
- Check for external interference.
- Check for Foxtel or other types of TV.
22 Aug 2019
What should I do when my internet is slow?
What to Do When Your Home Internet Connection Underperforms
- Check Your Router Settings to Speed Up Your Connection.
- Avoid Signal Interference That Slows Your Internet Speed.
- Beware of Worms & Other Malware.
- Stop Background Programs That Hog Bandwidth.
- Make Sure Your Router & Other Network Equipment Is Working.
28 Jun 2019
What affects Internet speed?
Hardware. Your internet speed heavily depends on your network equipment, such as the router or cable). For example, an ethernet connection is generally more stable and quicker than Wi-Fi. If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, your internet speed might decrease as more devices connect to the same network.24 Jun 2015
Why is my mobile data so slow?
Resetting your network settings, like restarting your phone, often fixes a slow data connection. The problem is that it also resets your Wi-Fi access points and Bluetooth devices. On an Android phone, you’ll find the reset network settings option at Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.19 Jun 2018