There are many reasons your Internet connection might appear slow.
It could be a problem with your modem or router, Wi-Fi signal, signal strength on your cable line, devices on your network saturating your bandwidth, or even a slow DNS server.
These troubleshooting steps will help you pin down the cause.
How do I fix slow WiFi at home?
- Check your speeds (and your internet plan)
- Give your hardware the universal fix.
- Know your hardware’s limitations.
- Fix your wifi signal.
- Turn off or limit bandwidth-hogging apps.
- Try a new DNS server.
- Call your internet provider.
- Optimize your web for a slow connection.
How do I make my WiFi faster?
Here are five easy ways to boost your WiFi router’s range and speed at home or at the office:
- Put your WiFi router in its (proper) place. The right place, not under the kitchen sink.
- Switch the channel. TVs aren’t the only gadgets that have channels you can change.
- Buy a high-gain WiFi antenna.
- Buy a plug-in extender.
How do I fix slow WiFi on my phone?
Fix WiFi Slow on Phone: Speed Up Wifi on Android Phones
- IP Address. To fix Wi-Fi slow on phone, make sure the IP Address used by your phone is not the same as any other device on your network.
- Forget Network. Go to your phone’s Settings, then go to Wi-Fi and long-press on your network.
- WPA2/AES Setting.
- Restart Router.
- Wi-Fi Thieves.
- Background Apps.
- Fast Browsing.