Method 1 Entertaining People Anywhere
- Tell funny stories. It can be tricky to tell a story that can entertain a crowd and make people laugh.
- Laugh at yourself.
- Ask questions.
- Help people find a common bond.
- Let other people talk.
- Get their attention.
- If all else fails, go out and do stuff.
What can I do to entertain myself?
Method 1 Staying Entertained at Home
- Listen to music. Novelty is an excellent cure for boredom, so try to listen to new things.
- Have a look for some of your old hidden-away gadgets.
- Read a book.
- Watch TV or play a video game.
- Play with your pet.
How do you keep your audience entertained?
Try using these 10 tricks to command your audience’s attention:
- Start off with something shocking.
- Tell a story.
- Go off script.
- Use emotional inflections in your voice.
- Use the power of louds and softs.
- Alternate your pacing.
- Call out individuals in the audience.
- Set up some jokes.
How do I keep myself busy at home?
Just some things I’ve done to keep my mind busy — pick and choose those that might work for you.
- Create a new challenge.
- Pursue your next job.
- List your life goals.
- Read Zen Habits.
- Declutter your workspace.
- Pursue a hobby.
- Make your work a game.
- Educate yourself.