By choosing for yourself the video quality you desire, you can easily reduce your data usage while still being able to stream Netflix wherever you go.
- Go to Netflix.com.
- Click Sign In to Get to Your Account.
- Choose a Profile.
- Scroll Down and Choose Playback Settings.
- Choose Your Desired Playback Quality.
- Click Save.
How do I reduce data usage on Netflix?
Adjust your Netflix data usage settings
- Sign in to Netflix.com.
- Select the profile you’d like to change your data usage settings for. Note:
- Select Account.
- Under My Profile, select Playback Settings.
- Select your desired data usage setting. Note:
- Select Save. Your changes will take effect within 8 hours.
How much data does an hour of Netflix use?
Watching Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video.
Does streaming use a lot of data?
Here’s how they look and how much data each will consume. Low quality is typically 96kbps. On average, Low-quality audio streaming uses 0.72MB per minute or 43.2MB per hour. High-quality streaming music uses 2.40MB per minute or 115.2MB per hour on average.
Is 100gb enough for Netflix?
In the table above, if you watched 60 hours of Netflix a month on medium quality, Netflix will consume 42GB of usage. This means you will likely need at least 50GB of usage to cover your overall monthly usage, 100GB would be ideal. Now that you know exactly how much internet usage you will need to watch Netflix.