Step 2: Check your speed
- Go to speedtest.net using a computer browser or download the speedtest.net app from the app store for your mobile device.
- Click Begin and speedtest.net will determine the best performing server to run your test on.
- Speedtest.net will test your connection.
How do I test my WIFI speed?
Test Wi-Fi speed to devices on your network
- Open the Google Wifi app.
- Tap the tab, then Network check.
- On the network check screen, tap Test Wi-Fi.
- We’ll test one Wifi point at a time, showing speeds for each device connected to that Wifi point.
- You’ll see the speed results for each device in large text at the top of the screen and next to the device name below.
What speed should Virgin broadband be?
Quick overview of speeds
|Package name||Advertised speed||Average speed (24hr)|
|Virgin VIVID 50||Up to 50Mbps||54.4Mbps|
|Virgin VIVID 100||Up to 100Mbps||107.8Mbps|
|Virgin VIVID 200||Up to 200Mbps||214.7Mbps|
|Virgin VIVID 350||Up to 350Mbps||358.4Mbps|
How do I find my broadband speed?
All you need to remember is this simple formula:
- File Size In Megabytes / (Download Speed In Megabits / 8) = Time In Seconds.
- A 15 Megabyte file, downloading at 10 Megabits per second: 15 / (10/8) = 12 seconds.
What is a good download speed?
4-6 Mbps: Will provide a good Web surfing experience. Often fast enough to stream a 720p high-definition video, and it’s possible to download some videos within about 20 minutes at this speed. But 4 mbps can still be sluggish. 6-10 Mbps: Usually an excellent Web surfing experience.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”