Here are some tricks I’ve found to help expose the real culprit behind a feeling of boredom and get back to your normal self:
- Figure out what you really want to do.
- Nuke procrastination.
- Get your compass straight.
- Put off your boredom.
- Learn something new.
- Cut off distractions.
- Fill schedule holes.
How can I stop being bored?
- Avoid finding fault in everything.
- If asked to do something or asked to participate in something go for it.
- Try a change in scenery.
- Don’t talk yourself into getting bored.
- Don’t be afraid of making mistakes, especially if you are trying something new.
- Play games on computer.
Can boredom kill you?
Boredom can actually kill you. Scientists have proven that boredom is linked to early deaths due to things such as heart attacks and strokes. Like tobacco, boredom won’t kill you right away. Boredom is potentially as dangerous as stress.
How do I keep myself busy at home?
Just some things I’ve done to keep my mind busy — pick and choose those that might work for you.
- Create a new challenge.
- Pursue your next job.
- List your life goals.
- Read Zen Habits.
- Declutter your workspace.
- Pursue a hobby.
- Make your work a game.
- Educate yourself.