- Running an internet speed test.
- Tip #1: Turn off unused or extra internet-connected devices.
- Tip #2: Find a better spot for your wireless router.
- Tip #3: Reboot your router.
- Tip #4: Change your wireless router’s channel.
- Tip # 5: Increase wifi range using DIY hacks and tricks.
How do I make my WiFi faster?
5 Easy Ways to Get Your WiFi Running Faster
- Put your WiFi router in its (proper) place. The right place, not under the kitchen sink.
- Switch the channel. TVs aren’t the only gadgets that have channels you can change.
- Buy a high-gain WiFi antenna.
- Buy a plug-in extender.
How do I speed up my Internet connection?
How to Speed Up Your Internet Connection: 10 Tips for Better
- Restart Your Router.
- Install Antivirus Software.
- Secure Your Browser.
- Use Adblock.
- Flush Your DNS Records.
- Delete Your Internet History.
- Use Ethernet.
- Switch to 5GHz.
How do I fix slow WiFi?
- Check your speeds (and your internet plan)
- Give your hardware the universal fix.
- Know your hardware’s limitations.
- Fix your wifi signal.
- Turn off or limit bandwidth-hogging apps.
- Try a new DNS server.
- Call your internet provider.
- Optimize your web for a slow connection.
How can I increase my WiFi signal strength?
- Put large furniture along the exterior walls of your home.
- Minimize mirrors.
- Place your router to maximize effectiveness.
- Make your reception even bigger with a repeater or a wireless bridge.
- Change from WEP to WPA/WPA2.
- Limit the number of devices your WiFi will support with MAC addresses.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”