Here are a few ways to watch and stream local TV.
- Install an HD Antenna. One of the simplest ways to watch local channels without cable is to simply purchase an antenna.
- Watch online.
- Install major networks’ apps.
- Get Sling TV.
- Watch local TV on FuboTV.
- Install local TV stations apps.
- Watch on YouTube.
- Subscribe to YouTube TV.
Can you still get local channels without cable?
Local Channels Over the Air (OTA)
Cable TV doesn’t want you to know this, but local broadcast TV networks are available over the air simply using a TV antenna. In fact, today’s antenna TV has a better picture than cable. If your TV is not digital, you can convert it using a digital converter box.
What do you need to get local TV channels?
Local Channels are free*. All you need is an HD antenna and a good signal to watch local channels like NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, PBS, Univision and many more without a monthly bill.
What is the best option for TV without cable?
Here are some of my favorite options for watching TV shows without having to pay a big cable bill each month.
- Library (free)
- Hulu ($8 per month)
- Netflix ($8 per month)
- Amazon Prime Video ($8.99 per month)
- HBO NOW, Showtime, Starz ($9–15 per month)
- Sling TV (starting at $20 per month)
- HDTV Antenna (prices vary)
Can I get local channels on Netflix?
Though you can access local channels for free over the air via an antenna, adding them to a streaming TV service like Sling’s means negotiating on rights with the various broadcasters. “You’ll have a single platform for watching Sling TV, Netflix, local channels, and more.
Photo in the article by “GetArchive”